The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows! --Audrey Hepburn's Beauty Tips

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Gossip Girl Inspired Eye Makeup


 Happy Wednesday! :)

I was watching the Valentine episode of Gossip Girl yesterday and I really loved Blair's eyeshadow.

I was thinking all day what eye makeup to wear and when I saw it on her, I did not hesitate to try it.
I will never look like Blair haha but of course, I can try her eyeshadows :D

too small..
Screen Shot from the episode ;)

okay I hope this one's better
You see that dark matte eyeshadow? I love it. 

I've seen Georgina Wilson with this kind of eye make up too and I'm really loving it
Georgina-Wilson-Cosmopolitan-Philippines-1



Not so glitterry, shimmery nor sparkly. Just matte browns...

I checked my shadows to see what matte color do I have. Of course, since it's browns/taupe, I checked my urband decay naked palette 2


Tease is the darkest matte shade so I used it as the base 
Then blended it with busted to make it darker.
Busted is a bit shimmery but combining it with Tease made the shimmer  somewhat lesser

I don't have deep set eyes so I have to adjust my application to make it look good on my small eyes.



I used Fanny Serrano Eyeliner Pen
Then some generous Maybelline Volum' Express mascara 

Forgive my unruly brows.. I am growing them and will have a professional shape it.


 The key to that blended eye make up:
My Charm Blending Brush

A blending brush is a must have!  Without it, eyeshadows will not be perfectly blended.

1. Put some eyeshadow primer.
2. Apply Tease all over the lid
3. Apply Busted on crease then blend together
You can make it darker if you want to. 
4. Dip shader brush or any thin brush on Tease and Busted and apply it on lower lash line. This will give that smokey look on your lower lashes. I skipped eyeliners :D
5. Line upper lash line using any liner you are comfortable with
6. Curl lashes and apply mascara.

On face: Body Shop Vit C Skin Boost + FaceShop HD BB Cream + Revlon Age Defying 2 way foundation powder
I don't have prominent cheeks so I have to fake it  by contouring.
I used Sephora sculpting disk and Smashbox bronzer and blush.

Ah how I love those girls with prominent cheekbones!

Just some sweet gloss from Smashbox 

I used blush and bronzer on cheeks. Combined them.
Then I used the Pink Lipgloss on my lips
Sephora sculpting disk.
I used Sun for contouring my cheeks and nose line
Light for highlighting my nose
I used the middle shade all over my neck :D

My husband loved my eye make up and so did I. :) 
some sweet ice cream cake from my hubby

haha no flowers
hubby knows I prefer chocolates and cakes over flowers

And I posted this cute collage on Facebook to thank him for all the love! I used Picsart app on android :D 

We just had a sweet dinner at home :) 
Having a date at home doesn't mean I can't dress up and put on some makeup! :D 


I hope you all had a wonderful hearts day! :D 

Lovelovelove, 
Ria

1 comment:

  1. oh my! your makeup look is super gorgeous!!me loving it!! So pretty!! ^_^~

    ReplyDelete