The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows! --Audrey Hepburn's Beauty Tips

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rainy Weekend Makeup

Happy Weekend!

It was raining hard all morning but that won't stop a lunch date with some friends.
I have planned a sunny bright makeup but it did not seem to fit the gloomy weather. I wanted my makeup to be as dark as the clouds :D

Then I saw my Majolica Majorca eyeshadow

Since it's gloomy today, I will use that dark blue! I'll combine it with the peachy pink  one 

Hubby is available to take photos so I took the chance to have a detailed picture post.

Step 1
Moisturize
Apply BodyShop Vit C Skin Boost
This is my primer.

Step 2: Apply BB Cream
I used FaceShop BB Cream
It has SPF 30 and has light to medium coverage

spread bb cream all over face
FaceShop's HD BB Cream works well on the humid climate of Singapore
It's a perfect match with Body Shop's Vit C skin boost
It makes application so easier since the BB Cream is a bit dry



     Without BB Cream                                   With BB Cream




 It did not totally cover all my red spots but for the rest of my face, I'm good with it.

Step 3 Conceal
I skipped liquid foundation on my entire face. The bb cream is enough for me.
I just picked up my MaxFactor Miracle touch and used it as a concealer
I used it to cover those spots on my face.

I chose to do the quick concealing using my fingers. Dabbing the cream on those red and brown spots.
I don't want to infect my pimples so I skipped loading them with concealers and correctors. 
(If you have really super red pimples, use a green concealer and mix it with your regular foundation)




Step 4 Apply Powder Foundation

To provide more coverage since I did not use a liquid foundation, I used MAC Studio Fix powder foundation

apply powder all over face

I want to press the brush on my face so it seals the powder on my skin
This is a technique if you want lasting makeup.
I hate retouching :D 

I got that kabuki brush at Landmark (QC, Philippines) for a super cheap price Php 129
I was surprised it's really good
Super soft and no shedding.

Marks are not that obvious anymore :D
Skin is now even


Step 5: Fix brows. It defines your face. 
  I used Etude how eyebrow pencil in brown

Step 6: Apply Eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara
Remember to use eyeshadow base/primer first before applyling eyeshadow.


used shades on the left (peach/pink and blue)

Apply the lighter shade on inner lid


line using dark blue eyeshadow

apply on crease too then blend inwards
 With Majolica Majorca eyeshadow, I noticed that application using those applicators with foam is easier rather than using a brush. It's not that easy to apply using brushes because of the fall out of glitters.
Dabbing motion works better for this eyeshadow than swiping the brush on the lid.


Majolica Majorca is so glittery
I am not a fan of their eyeshadows. I find it hard to blend.

use the same dark blue to line lower lash line
Then line water lines using a black eyeliner
I used Silky Girl Gel Liner Pencil

Mascara used: Maybelline Volum Express
 Step 7: Lipliner and Lipstick
Apply lip liner first before lipstick
Under this Maybelline lipstick is Tony Moly Lip liner

TonyMoly Lip Liner

Maybelline Watershine
Step 8:
Bronzer and Blush

Used Sephora's Sun to contour cheeks



I used the peach color on the bottom right
Blush is from Suesh



 I skipped contouring my nose line.







So I can makeover myself right?
Hubby laughed to see the difference in photos. lol

Thanks for taking the photos hubby. Heart u!



4 comments:

  1. Nice! :) What is the brand of the Kabuki brush? I want to get one in Landmark! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually unbranded. There's a counter inside landmark trinoma with lots of brushes. ;-)

      Delete
  2. really nice tutorial! your end results look amazing love the brows, and your skin looks pretty flawless afterwards.

    ReplyDelete