I am now approaching my 2nd trimester and I'd like to share some makeup and skin care products I've been using.
My OB's cool and does not restrict me anything in terms of food (just eat in moderation), skin care and makeup. Yes, to my surprise, he just told me to continue whatever skin care I used before, put on my makeup and yes - even color my hair! OOpps, I did color my hair after my first trimester. :) I did some research and there is really no proven fact that coloring will affect the baby.
In case of doubt, always ask your doctor and just be obedient ;d
Though doctor gave me the go signal on using my current products, I chose to use some milder products specially on moisturizers.
During pregnancy, skin changes a lot. In my case, it became extremely dry. I had to load moisturizers and use liquid foundation.
Here are the products I recommend to those with really dry skin and pregnant like me :) But note, it's best to check first with your doctor. What's good for one does not always mean it's good for all.
1. Facial Wash:
- My skin just adores Cetaphil. It leaves it moisturized and supple. I use this in the morning. When I had some rashes on my tummy, I used it as my body wash too and it made healing faster.
- At night, I switch to Garnier as it cleanses makeup.
- Biore Oil Cleansing Sheets and Biore eye/lips makeup removers
- Human Nature Sunflower cleansing oil
- Body Shop Beautifying Oil - morning after shower because it's light and not greasy
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Stretch Mark Cream - at night since it's heavy, a bit sticky and quite warm ( I am planning to switch to Body Shop Vit E Body Butter as I read it's good for pregnant)
- Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream - At night. I swear this product did wonders to my facial lines! I have noticed skin improvement in my 2-3 months of using it.
- Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 - I love the scent and how mild it is on skin. Very smooth. It only makes skin oily but I don't mind as mine is just so dry
- Body Shop Aloe SPF 15 - Alternative to Mario Badescu. I use it by mood.
- Cetaphil SPF 50 - When I need to go under the sun for a long time, I load up with this moisturizer
- Makeup Forever Face and Body - Since face is so dry, this liquid watery foundation is my best friend. Keeps face moisturized all day with the foundation effect of course.
- Burjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - this gel foundation is also my other favorite. I use it when my skin is not so dry. Keeps face vibrant and glowing.
- Burjois Illuminating concealer - I use it when my under eye skin is not so dry
- Loreal Lucent Maguique Liquid Light Touch-Up Pen - Used when undereye skin is dry
- Less is more. The lesser I load on my face, the better outcome I get. Lightly brush to set liquid or gel foundation
- MAC Studio Fix
- Human Nature Powder Foundation
- Face Shop SPF 50
Focus on positive things only. Babies will absorb that vibrant good energy.