The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows! --Audrey Hepburn's Beauty Tips

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Nose Line? Highlights? Kate Slim Create Powder

Happy Summer April!

Let me share another product review. I haven't been buying much cosmetics lately as I only buy cosmetics which I need. No more impulsive buying. :) Yey!

I was looking for an affordable Contour and highlight powder for nose line when I saw Kate's Slim Create Powder. I always liked Kate as they have good quality products. This drug store brand never failed me.

Price: S$27
I got mine less 25%  during Watsons sale

photo from kate's site




Likes

  • Highlighter gives a natural glow when applied on areas to be highlighted: Works on most skin tones
photo credit from smashbox



  • The brush is useful for highlights. I don't use it to contour though as I don't mix brushes
  • The quality of brush is good. It is soft too.
  • Product is not powdery
  • Packaging is small and fits pouch and kits easily.
  • Packaging is also classy
  • Mild contour, natural looking
Neutral:
  • The contour powder is light but buildable. . It works for fair skin. If you are quite dark, (darker than NC45) this might not work for you. 

Here are some photos of Charmaine. I used the product to highlight her face and contour nose line only. She is around MAC NC35- NC40 on skin color.

Photo by Cliepoy Alonso
Model: Charmaine Robis

Photo by Cliepoy Alonso

Photo by Mervin Maynes

On her face: I used Graftobian Creme Foundation, set with MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in NC35
Contour : MAC Mineralize Skin Finish
Lips: Maybelline Colorsensational Summer Sunset

Eyeshadow: Mixed various colors using Urban Decay Naked 2




1 comment:

  1. super duper nice!! Okay, I need to kate this soon! ^_~

    ReplyDelete